I am in Sardigna now and Vlimeux must sell.
Price was 267,400€ and is now (Jan 3rd 2014) 239,950€ this is a 27,450€ reduction!
In US$ it is a 37400$ reduction. Now price is $327,000.
Note to reader:
I spent most of the last 20 years on the water, in many boats. I present here some key informations about what I think is required / important to cruise Europe. These apply to any trawler cruising Europe. You made it here because you are interested in trawlers… so keep reading * Vlimeux is in Sardigna (dec 2013) and can be delivered.
Built for the sea and adapted for canals.
Do not forget: there are canals and rivers and oceans to visit so your trawler must go under bridges, be seaworthy, economical and powerful at the same time. This Nordic Tug 37 is CE certified Class B. This is force 8 wind and 4 meters waves. I am insured all mediterranean! Also the manufacturer produced this NT37 with a lower chimney so it clears most of the canals (lower than 3m45). Present owner (me) cruised England, English Channel, French canals and is presently in Sardigna. You have such a great canal system in Europe! Very few boats are this flexible, comfortable and safe. This was among the best adventure I had in my life. Do not buy a trawler that can not go in the canals, please! From Le Havre to Le-Grau-du-Roi Vlimeux had few times only one inch clearance under the bridge. To « idle » the canals you need a diesel with « common rails ». Older boat do not have « common rail » diesel so can not idle too long without « glazing diesel ». This tug has a Cummins Diesel, 5.9l, 380 hp low maintenance single engine that provides good safety margin in these demanding conditions.
Very economical to operate.
- From England to the Mediterranean: 1000 litres, one year.
- My Nordic Tug 37 cruised the canals at 3.5 litres per hour, 7 knots at 5.3 litres per hour or achieve 17 knots to get away from bad weather or cope with current in rivers in Europe. These are real numbers that you can check yourself.
- All systems onboard Vlimeux are of the highest quality, available and serviceable in Europe with expertise and parts if you ever need.
- Hull is FULL fiberglass / not sandwish construction – hull of Vlimeux is that good that it is warrantied by Nordic Tug company until 2017. Have you ever had infiltration in the core of a sandwich hull… this is bad… and it can happen…but not to Vlimeux’s hull! Other real life info: when in port we, fiberglass boats owners, chat and relax while steel boats owners are busy maintaining.
- There is a full keel so they do not go sideways when windy (ex: canal bridge with inches each side…) and it protects the propeller and rudder as well. This alone will save you lots of trouble one day.
The tool for adventures
When you travel, I mean move, make distance, go places, you pilot your trawler for hours. Ergonomics, weather, traffic, navigation affect your fatigue, your pleasure and your safety. You absolutely need to see what is going on the water, at all time. You need to have constant access to informations regarding engine, waypoints, shoals, markers. To do so, your station has to be high enough above the bow of your boat. Most boats do have an inside steering station too low to see and use safely. You need a steering station where you see AND are protected. Ask those who travelled.
This Nordic Tug 37 was built in USA for Europe and presented at England’s Southampton boat show.
The Nordic Tug Company, recognized in America as the highest quality trawler manufacturer, introduced in 2007 their successful brand in Europe at the Southampton boat show with this Euro Spec, Canals compliant, NT37 – Vlimeux. As so Vlimeux includes several ten of thousands dollars in options. She is CE certified class B with 240 volts / 12 volts systems
Save $€ on Nordic Tug 37 Vlimeux
Her asking price is comparable to a US based 2007 Nordic Tug 37 even if transport and TVA (YES, TVA is paid on Vlimeux) added substantially to her cost / that is 20% of paid price. With only 575 engine hours she is virtually new. Live with style with what is considered the best american trawler available:
Vlimeux is now in Olbia, Sardigna (Italia), at the very good MOYS marina (http://www.moys.it/en/home.html).
- There is an international airport in Olbia, see http://www.olbiaairport.com/ for flight info. There are Easy Jets flight available…. .
- The MOYS marina employees can pick you up at the airport to bring you to Vlimeux.
I am there presently (december 2013 / january 2014) for sea trial.
For full listing , more info, offers, please contact : Whyboats
You may also read an article I wrote about : What’s involved in cruising Europe with a NT37
Thank you for looking,
- Entre la Corse et la Sardaigne